09 abril 2008

and the verdict is ...



There is a lot of self-congratulatory compliments of ex-Atlântico members going on today in the blogosphere. I was one of the few bloggers who wrote about the end of Atlântico and did not have a good word about the project. I still don't. I cannot accept people who run campaigns against other people and insult them simply because they disagree about ideas.

I barely knew about the existence of Atlântico when more than a year ago I was surprised in the blog of the same name by an organized campaign by some of its members, including its leader, to make me look bad. Over time, it would become a recurrent campaign.
.
These people were not merely anonymous commentators of the blogosphere. They were actually running a public editorial project - a magazine thriving on the discussion of ideas, they said. Without discussion they thought they had the truth and I was wrong and they considered this difference to be a good reason to call me all the names coming to their minds. I find such behaviour unacceptable. Thumbs down to them.

As for who is wrong or right, one thing is certain. The market has already produced its verdict about them and the verdict is: they were wrong. As for me, it remains to be seen.

Sem comentários: