25 março 2008

that old Portuguese recipe


Dear súbditos,

As a professional educator, I put myself in the position of the Carolina Michaelis teacher who was physically harassed by her student. How would I have reacted under such circumstances? I am aware that the teacher seemed to be a senior, fragile lady and that I am no Tarzan either.

There is no doubt in my mind about it. I would have served her that old Portuguese recipe of a strong par de estalos.

After that, if she persisted in physically harassing me, then I would have punched her with no piety until the harassment stopped.

I would not mind being displayed on the internet doing so. Actually, I would feel quite proud about it. Most likely I would be expelled from the public school system. But I would be expelled with the sentiment of having done my job as an educador. For, the next time a student in the country were to consider physically harassing his or her teacher, he or she would think twice before taking action.

Sem comentários: