19 agosto 2017

top in the world

After dinner, Toni and the President sat quietly at a corner of the main hall of the Portuguese embassy in Buenos Aires, drinking a scotch.

-Mr. President ...I have an important state secret to tell you...

-Do you...Toni?...What is that?...

-We have located Peter Throw... and he accepts to meet you ... in the jungle of Paraguay...

-Really!?... Can I bring CNN, Fox News, TVE, BBC, SIC-Notícias, RTP-One, TVI, CNBC, TSF, Express, Reuters, TV-Cinq, The Associated Press, Al-Jazeera, Jornal do Fundão, ...?...

Toni had to cut him short:

-No, Sir...I am sorry...only Oporto Channel.. and Julio Magellan...

-Oh Julio... how great... I love Julio and Oporto Channel...I  made my best commentaries ever with Julio at TVI... We used to laugh a lot...

Toni went straight down to business:

-Mr. President... you must call immediately the air force command in Lisbon...

-I'll do anything you want to meet Peter Throw...

Thirty seconds later,  the air force chief was on the other side of the line:

-Listen, general Roll... send me an F-16 right now to Oporto ... and tell the pilot to follow the instructions of the controller...

-Oh Mr. President...following the instructions of the controller is what every pilot always does...

-No... general...I mean... tell the pilot when he gets out of the plane to go to the control tower and follow the instructions of the chief-controller...

And then back to Toni:

-Should I inform prime-minister Toni Coast... the minister of national defence ... my girlfriend ...the Express newspaper... and ...?

Toni cut him short again:

-Sorry Mr. President... this is a top-secret mission...tomorrow at 7:00 AM you should be at the airport...

President De Susa was really excited:

-Great, Toni! ... really great, what a marvel!...It took the Americans ten years to find bin Laden in Pakistan... it took the Portuguese  just ten months to find Peter Throw in the Latin American jungle!...

-Well, Mr. President... we have the top criminal investigators in the world working at the Portuguese Public Ministry...

-Soon, very soon... when the news break out... the Portuguese people will be  proud of you... By the way, Toni... could I phone my friend Joan, the Attorney-General, just to congratulate her for this outstanding job?...

-Mr. President... I would suggest you call instead Ventinhas...but not today...He has been feeling very depressed lately

-Why is Ventinhas depressed, Toni?... I didn't know about that...

-Well, Mr. President...for a long time he has not been able to get us a pay raise from the Government...

-How long, Toni?...

-For about seven months, Mr. President...

-Oh God!... That's really long...I'll take care of that when I get back to Lisbon...

-Now, Mr. President... it is too late and we should go to bed... tomorrow you will have a very long and stressing journey...

-You are quite right, Toni...See you tomorrow downstairs at 6:30 AM... By the way... where is my mobile phone .. did you see it, Toni?...It was just here a few minutes ago...

Sem comentários: