23 novembro 2008

Yes, you can


Dear Dragão,

I just left Joaquim's home. It's one o'clock in the morning and I am exhausted. I hope you will understand. I promised you a report and I'll do it tomorrow. May I tell you in advance that I have made great progress understanding your post, even though I am still in the first paragraph.

We spent a lot of time discussing about method, how we should go finding out the meaning of your marvellous, sublime, at times difficult words. Joaquim and I argued that we should follow an alphabetical order. The girls argued that we should follow the order by which they appear in the text. The only exception was Linda, the American girl (she is the first from the right here). She is not very fluent in Portuguese, you know. She insisted we should start out analyzing the meaning of pentelho. Just imagine...

Meanwhile, I'm quite happy to learn that you can also write em estrangeiro. I just hope that next time you will be as word-creative em estrangeiro as you are in Portuguese. This time you were a little bit shy at it, weren't you? I'm sure that if you keep trying, you can do it. Yes, you can.

Thanks for the references. Fortunately enough, Joaquim had that dictionary at home. At this late hour in the day, I am still wondering how I could have lived for so long in sheer ignorance of the meaning of espoldrinhamentos.

Joaquim requests me to say his best to you.

Regards. See you tomorrow.
.
PA

Sem comentários: